Using essential oils and gentle yet powerful techniques developed from ancient Egyptian and Native American energy principles, to treat all of the senses body, mind and spirit.
Raindrop Technique is so much more than a massage!
Raindrop Technique is a gentle yet powerful technique developed from ancient Egyptian and Native American energy principles. These are combined with the Ancient Tibetan reflexology, various massage techniques and the power of therapeutic-grade essential oils, to create a truly unique and wonderful experience. There are many benefits from Raindrop Technique because the spinal column contains nerves that feed the entire body.
It is a treat to all of the senses, and to body, mind and spirit. The technique is usually performed in silence, giving you the opportunity to sink into a deep state of relaxation and inner connection. Many people drift off to sleep when they receive Raindrop Technique, aided by the relaxing effects of the essential oils.
Raindrop Technique usually focuses on the back and neck, and also the reflex points of the feet (especially the spinal reflex). The oils are dropped like rain onto the spine and then lightly applied using various hand and body techniques. The penetrating effects of the essential oils allow it to be felt through the entire body.
Raindrop Technique is performed using only 100% therapeutic-grade essential oils that are guaranteed to be free of any and all chemical adulteration. It usually takes 45 to 60 minutes, however extra time may be needed for your first session.
The Raindrop Technique can have many benefits since it is a detoxifying process. It may help rid any toxins and bacteria that are deep within the body and may provide a boost to the immune system. It may also help realign the spine, reduce stress, and relieve body pain and tension.
Wonderfully soothing and relaxing, the powerful oils through the Raindrop Technique work synergistically up to seven days after the treatment.
There are many benefits from regular Raindrop treatments because the spinal column contains nerves that feed the entire body.
The following are therapeutic grade essential oils and blends that are used during Raindrop
Other oils may be used during Raindrop and are selected based on the individuals needs, for example
- Valor is an empowering combination of therapeutic-grade essential oils that works with both the physical and spiritual aspects of the body to increase feelings of strength, courage and self-esteem in the face of adversity. Renowned for its protective qualities, Valor enhances an individuals internal resources. It has also been found to help the body self-correct its balance and alignment.
- Oregano has a heavy, spicy, pungent aroma that creates feelings of security. It has strong immune-enhancing qualities and supports the respiratory and digestive systems.
- Thyme has a spicy, warm, herbaceous aroma that is both powerful and penetrating. Thyme supports the immune, respiratory, digestive, nervous and other body systems.
- Basil has a strong, spicy aroma that is invigorating to both body and spirit. Used topically, it can help refresh the mind and restore mental alertness during times of fatigue.
- Cypress is used frequently to support the circulatory system. Its fresh, herbaceous, slightly woody evergreen aroma refreshes, restores and tones.
- Wintergreen has a sweet, minty scent. It contains the same active ingredient as birch and is beneficial in massage for soothing head tension and sore muscles after exercising.
- Marjoram has a woody, spicy, camphoraceous aroma. A calming oil, it has a warming effect on both mind and body. It soothes tense muscles after exercise and is beneficial for occasional simple nervous tension.
- Aroma Siez is a relaxing blend designed for massaging away muscle and body discomfort. It also provides soothing comfort for head, neck and tired feet.
- Peppermint has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma. One of the oldest and most highly-regarded herbs for soothing digestion.
Click here to find out more.
- Lavender has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. It is the most versatile of all essential oils. It is great for winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that make it just as beneficial for boosting stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty.
- Frankincense has a sweet, warm, balsamic aroma that is stimulating and elevating to the mind. Useful for visualizing, and centering oneself, it has comforting properties that help with focusing the mind and overcoming stress and despair.
Young Living Independent Distributor 1120200
"I find raindrop therapy a gentle way of restoring calm and balance to my life and body. I sleep better in the weeks after treatment which gives me more energy to attack life's little challenges without feeling stressed or under pressure."
(Karen, 4 February 2014)
"My own personal experience has been great. At first I was a bit sceptical, thinking how can this work? Well after having remedial massages for years, I went to Chris with back and neck problems, at which it wasn't until Chris was away and I went elsewhere for my monthly massage, embarking on back, shoulder, neck deep tissue, a few hours later having pain in my neck. I realised I hadn't had neck pain for some months...so why I let the other place touch my neck, who knows!!! but the penny dropped and I then realised how good my back and neck had been. So I swear by the raindrop technique."
(Melinda Olive, Facebook, 1 February 2014)
Chris I can't thank you enough, I'm astounded at the results of raindrop therapy. My family can actually see the difference in me after one session!"
(Glenda Stirling, Facebook, May 2014)
"The first time I had Raindrop with Chris, I morphed into a complete 'space cadet'. I was in my own little relaxed land of bliss where absolutely nothing or anyone worried me. It was the first time in years I felt truly free from stress. Each time I return, the Essential Oils locate and heal issues in my body and mind. Chris also tailors the oils to accommodate my needs as they arise. I am fascinated at how the oils positively affect my cats just through inhaling off me. My 'sleepy' cat loves the smell and won't leave me alone after a treatment. She has also returned to the affectionate and playful cat she once was. My 'ADHD' cat has become more balanced and super cuddly, to the point where she'll sleep on my lap in the evenings, (that has never happened before and I love it!). Sorry Chris, but you are now a fixture in my health and wellbeing and I rave about you and Raindrop Technique to everyone."
(Rhiannon, July 2014)
Using our sense of smell and high quality, therapeutic essential oils to make lasting changes at all levels emotional, physical, spiritual.
Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of essential oils. Essential oils are natural plant extracts. The oils are distilled from all parts of the plants - flowers, leaves, stalks, bark, rind, or roots. They are able to kill microorganisms while supporting the immune system. At the same time, upon inhalation, essential oils like Orange support our emotional health by enhancing our mood, or, in the case of Lavender, by calming us.
In the hands of a qualified therapist, essential oils are the only remedy that can be used to treat internally, externally and vibrationally, making them truly wholistic. As a qualified therapist I can customise a blend and method of application to meet your individual needs.
Aromatherapy is both an ancient art and a modern science, however products using the term Aromatherapy, commonly found on supermarket shelves, should not be confused with the therapeutic work of a qualified Aromatherapist. It is more than a smelly massage!
What can it do for you?
Aromatherapy encourages us to connect with our inner selves through the simple process of inhalation. The very action of breathing in quiets us, focusing our attention on the experience and aroma at hand. Once we develop a relationship with essential oils, we are much more attuned to the plants they come from, and in my opinion, to the natural world as a whole. The centering and awareness that comes about is soothing to both the body and the mind.
Several recent studies have begun to confirm what many in the aromatherapy world already know: aromatherapy works! Tea Tree, Cinnamon, and Thyme have been shown to be highly effective against MRSA infections, and Lavender has been shown to significantly improve the quantity and quality of sleep and to calm and relax.
- promote good health
- make you feel good
- improve nutrition, thereby optimising health
- are immune enhancing
- support the bodys natural defences
- support the immune, circulatory, respiratory, endocrine, digestive, nervous and other body systems
- aid in maintaining normal cellular regeneration
- are mood elevating
- are antiseptic (topical use only)
- are high in antioxidants
- are aromatic
- are oxygenating
- boost stamina and energy
- help you relax
- help manage stress and frustration
- help reduce the appearance of aging
- improve mental clarity
- promote overall health, vitality and longevity.
Aromatherapy is a very personal experience. An aroma that appeals to me may not appeal to you and vice versa. Because of this, the blending opportunities are endless and we can develop blends at an individual level. I look forward to creating a blend just for you to assist you with your health and wellbeing needs.
Discover Essential Oils Workshop
Discover Essential Oils Workshops are held regularly at Holistic Health on Denham. This information session is perfect for those who want to learn more about essential oils, and for those who want to explore natural ways to live and maintain happy, healthy minds and bodies.
You will learn:
Featuring: Peppermint, Lemon and Lavender (the focus on different oils may change from time to time)
- about the differences between essential oils
- about the benefits of using therapeutic grade essential oils
- how to incorporate essential oils into your daily life
- how essential oils affect the brain and body
- how essential oils promote emotional, physical, spiritual healing
- methods of application
Come along and discover what makes therapeutic grade essential oils unique, and why essential oils are such a powerful tool. And remember to bring a friend!
All enquiries regarding the next workshop to Chris 0411 953 824.
I encourage you to check out my website, where you'll discover information on essential oils, nutritional supplements, personal care products, plus much more! Enjoy! Please feel free to contact me.
"Hi Chris, I just wanted to let you know that the essential oil blend you made for me for Bellas travel sickness was fantastic. 3600km road trip done and the only time Bell was sick was once when I forgot to use them and once when I didnt give her a top up on a long trip! She travelled really well and would take her shoes off and put out her feet for the oils each time we got in the car. Thanks again."
Nic Spooner, Facebook, 7 October 2013
(Bella is 18 months old)
"Oh my goodness! Thank you Chris! This is what I have been looking for
very informative, without too much information. Thank you! I would do it again!"
"The course was easy to understand with just enough information not to overwhelm. The food was great to show how the essential oils can be used every day in every way."
"This was a highly informative session I learnt a lot about oils and how to use them, and how they work. I definitely want to incorporate them into my life now."
"Ive had amazing benefits with essential oils during my sessions with Chris, but unsure about how to incorporate them into my daily life. Such an informative workshop I want to get so many essential oils!"
How Essential Oils Work
The fragrance of essential oils can directly affect everything from your emotional state to your lifespan. Essential oils are unique in that they work differently than other natural substances.
When any scent or fragrance is inhaled, the odour molecules travel up the nose where they are trapped by olfactory membranes that are protected by the lining inside the nose. Each odour molecule fits like a little puzzle piece into specific receptor cell sites that line a membrane, known as the olfactory epithelium. Each one of these hundreds of millions of nerve cells is replaced every 28 days. When stimulated by odour molecules, this lining of nerve cells triggers electrical impulses to the olfactory bulb in the brain. The olfactory bulb then transmits the impulses to the gustatory centre (where the sensation of taste is perceived), the amygdala (where emotional memories are stored), and other parts of the limbic system of the brain.
Studies at New York University showed and proved that the amygdala gland (the gland in the limbic system responsible for storing and releasing trauma in the body) does not respond at all to sound, sight, or touch. They found in fact that the amygdala only releases emotional trauma through the sense of smell. It is through our sense of smell and aromatherapy that we can make lasting changes.
Because the limbic system is directly connected to the parts of the brain that control heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress levels, and hormone balance, therapeutic-grade essential oils can have profound physiological and psychological effects. The sense of smell is the only one of the five senses directly linked to the limbic lobe of the brain, our emotional control centre.
Scent stimulates nerves to fire in the emotional centre of the brain, but it also stimulates the master gland to release hormones. Hormones affect the fight/flight response, as well as digestion and heart rate. In this way, essential oils can affect us in many ways all at once, just through their fragrance.
Anxiety, depression, fear, anger, and joy all emanate from this region. The scent of a special fragrance can evoke memories and emotions before we are even consciously aware of it. When smells are concerned, we react first and think later. All other senses (touch, taste, hearing, and sight) are routed through the thalamus, which acts as the switchboard for the brain, passing stimuli onto the cerebral cortex (the conscious thought centre) and other parts of the brain.
Now of course, only a therapeutic-grade essential oil can provide benefits such as these and isn't it nice to know that we have such superior quality essential oils right here through Young Living!
The Quality of Essential Oils
There are significant differences between synthetic fragrance oils and pure essential oils. All Young Living Essential Oils are pure. There are 4 grades of essential oils.
Synthetic fragrance oils may duplicate the smell of the pure botanical, but the complex chemical components of each essential oil created in nature determine its true benefits. In other words, synthetic fragrance oils will not have the medicinal properties; they are NOT suitable for aromatherapy.
- Grade A oils are pure therapeutic and superior quality. They are usually made from organically grown plants, and are distilled at the proper temperatures.
- Grade B oils are food grade, they may contain synthetics, pesticides, fertilizers, extenders, or carrier oils.
- Grade C oils are perfume grade and may contain the same type of adulterating chemicals as food grade oils. They usually contain solvents which are used to gain a higher yield of oil per harvest. Solvents are not healthy.
- Floral Water is a byproduct of the distillation process, a very high quality, IF it comes from a Grade A distillation process. Accordingly, it is a low quality if it comes from poor quality raw materials and/or poor distillations processes.
What it Takes to Create One Bottle of Young Living Essential Oil® - Young Living: The Seed To Seal Process
Strict attention to detailfrom the seeds sown to the plants harvestedensures that the oils you obtain from Young Living are the purest, most potent essential oils available. This precise, detailed method is known as the Seed to Seal process.
Potent essential oils come from plant species that have been authenticated by Young Living experts. Species certification involves scientific research, field study, university partnerships, and on-site planting certification.
Through cultivation on the four Young Living farms, Young Living Essential Oils has mastered the creation of pure, potent essential oils. The company takes this knowledge around the world to co-op farms to certify that these farms growing processes meet Young Livings strict quality standards.
Young Livings proprietary low-temperature, low-pressure steam distillation process ensures that the beneficial plant compounds in every batch of essential oil remain uncompromised during the extraction process.
Each essential oil must pass Young Livings stringent testing to ensure the optimal bioactive natural compounds are present. Young Living uses its own internal labs, in addition to third-party audits, to verify that international purity and potency standards are met and surpassed.
Young Living completes the Seed to Seal process by carefully sealing each bottle of essential oil before shipping them to members worldwide.
For more information about the best services for your needs or to book an appointment call us now!
Gift Vouchers Available